Things to Consider When Incorporating Your Company
You can be proactive from the start by considering how you want your business to be set up:
- What will be the name of the Corporation?
- What will be the business of the Corporation? Will it be restricted to this type of business?
- Where will the Corporation do business? Outside of Alberta? Outside of Canada?
- Who will be the shareholders?
- What will be the division of shares amongst shareholders? Number of shares? Class of shares? Rights and privileges attached to shares? Voting rights of share? Restrictions and conditions attached to shares?
- Will the shares be transferrable?
- Should there be a unanimous shareholders agreement?
- Have you consulted with your accountant?
If you need advice, our experienced team will help you make and execute these business decisions.
NOTICE TO READER: The summaries of legal rights and remedies described above are general references to the Alberta laws existing at the date of the publication and may not apply to the reader’s individual circumstances. Also, the laws may change. These legal summaries are not to be relied upon as applicable to your individual circumstances and are subject to a complete review of the facts and applicable laws in every case.